Re: FC6: why is microphone always disabled after reboot

Pavel Lisý wrote:
It is very annoying. After upgrade from FC5 this behaviour is changed.
After every reboot on every machines I have I must re enable microphone.
I mean:
1. start gnome-volume-control
2. change device -> to (OSS device) - after latest update possibility
change it in ALSA device disappeared.
3. enable recording on Microphone (is every time on Line-in) 4. change device -> to (ALSA device)

Skype is newest version 1.3.0.53_API, device set to ALSA

Is it problem of gnome/ALSA or skype.

How can I make recording from microphone default?

If your microphone is muted on boot, use
# alsactl store
to save the current mixer settings as the default
i.e.:
# alsactl restore #to load the defaults
use the volume control to unmute the mic.
# alsactl store #to save as the new default

--
imalone