Re: MySQL RPM package

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:31:53 -0700
"Randy Gordey" <gordey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I upgraded my mysql to 5.0.27 yesterday from Redhat's updates repo...
>
> mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6
> mysql-devel-5.0.27-1.fc6
> mysql-bench-5.0.27-1.fc6
> mysql-server-5.0.27-1.fc6
>
> Now, just some light house keeping to do...
>
> [root@fedora ~]# mysql_upgrade
> <...snip...>						   OK
> mysql.columns_priv                                 OK
> mysql.db                                           OK
> mysql.func                                         OK
> mysql.help_category                                OK
> mysql.help_keyword                                 OK
> mysql.help_relation                                OK
> mysql.help_topic                                   OK
> mysql.host                                         OK
> mysql.proc                                         OK
> mysql.procs_priv                                   OK
> mysql.tables_priv                                  OK
> mysql.time_zone                                    OK
> mysql.time_zone_leap_second                        OK
> mysql.time_zone_name                               OK
> mysql.time_zone_transition                         OK
> mysql.time_zone_transition_type                    OK
> mysql.user                                         OK
> mysql.user_info                                    OK
> Could not find file mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql
> Please use --basedir to specify the directory where MySQL is installed
> [root@fedora ~]#
> [root@fedora ~]# which mysql_upgrade
> /usr/bin/mysql_upgrade
> [root@fedora ~]# which mysql_fix_privilege_tables
> /usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables
>
> Aha! Both are binaries and not sql scripts...
>

> Now who and how do I report this to Redhat? Bugzilla?

Dude, you should really start a _new_ thread on this rather than hijack an
existing thread. I almost missed this because, not being interested in Dell
products, I filtered out the entire thread. I only caught this message
because I just happened to double-check my trash folder before emptying it.

It's very likely that a lot of other people are ignoring this thread also
making it unlikely that you'll get the answer you're looking for.

--
Myles Green
Geek by nature. Linux by choice.