Re: Proposed changes for fedora

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 07:32, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Tuesday 28 November 2006 12:04, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>>      I agree wholeheartedly.  Although I have never had any problems
>> with installing Fedora, it is still a good idea to have a short survey
>> after the installation (assuming, of course you are able to complete
>> the installation) where people can sound off on how their individual
>> installation went or how it can be improved.
>
>OK - 300,000 installs in 3.5 weeks.  Would you be prepared to sort the
> wheat from the chaff in these reports?

I don't see a problem with that, using a boxed form that one could enter
0-5 in to rate that aspect of it.  But I do most certainly see a problem
with the form itself because its never, ever, going to ask the right
question because the truthfull answer would be embarrasing.

As for the sorting of the chaff in the responses, thats a job for a bash
(or some other fairly smart) script, not for mortals.  It should spit out
an average score for each of the categorys questioned & shouldn't be that
difficult to craft.  The real achilles heel is the 2nd sentence of this
reply.  Human nature guarrantees that aspect.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)