Re: Getting Fedora to work

On 11/24/2006 08:42:49 PM, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

That said, my install runs through the point that it tries to boot. It reaches the point that it says:

Mounting local filesyste          [Failed]
Enabling local filesystem quotas  [OK]
Enabling /etc/fstab swaps

At this point, the boot hangs and goes no further. I've noted that
other
people have reported the same problem.

Hey Michael,

Did you turn off SE linux? Hmm, or maybe it's enabled by default until you hit the first boot sequence. Anyway, that could be a problem, it might not be recognizing your drives because its not familiar with the labels given (via Kubuntu or whatever).

Did you enable a swap? When you installed, did you rename or edit the names of all the partitions it gave? I find I have to do this, or it won't give the partition a name, or it gives it one that's strange (such as /usr1, /home1, etc, and then doesn't seem to recognize it), and it's deceptive because the old name is listed in the listing, but the 'mount as' part is blank.

I've never had quite this problem with my installs, so I'm sort of guessing. Hopefully people more expert than I will be along to help you out.

Cheers,
Rikke