Re: can't play avi file

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 06:46:44PM -0800, Darlene Wallach wrote:
I know. I prefer to install - and format the partitions. I have a
lot to backup before I install so I don't install as often as I
should as you can see.

A suggestion -- next time you install, put /home on its own partition, and
put all of your data there. Then, next time you reinstall, make sure not to
format that partition.

2. Install mplayer from livna.
I have mplayer installed. mplayer won't play the avi file either.

Do you have the right codec installed? See another recent thread on this.
Could you post the result when mplayer is run from command prompt; it is usually quite informative.

DaveT.