Re: misuse of yum and how do I fix it

On Thu November 23 2006 2:25 pm, Tanguy Eric wrote:
> > When I try to update or remove software I get this error from pirute:
> > Cannot open read .xml file for repository jahshaka
> > when I want to use yum from the terminal for anything I get errors
> > similar to this
> > Cannot open read .xml file for repository jahshaka
> >
> >  http://repo.jahshaka.org/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
>
> The problem : there is not yet a fc6 repo for jahshaka. you can try to
> use the fc5 repo :
> http://repo.jahshaka.org/fedora/5/i386/repodata/repomd.xml

All true, but the real story on Jahshaka is that the current release is being
essentially deprecated, and is probably not worth the trouble, unless you're
just really curious. Version rc3 will be essentially a complete code rewrite,
and the Jahshaka Player now available presages some of the new technologies.

If you're interested in video editing you might try Cinelerra which is
available with all its dependencies from freshrpms right now for FC6
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA