Re: Metrics and your privacy

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 16:03 +0000, Tony Molloy wrote:
> I wouldn't mind something at the end of firstboot. But the user
> should be told exacty what's being sent and have the choice to disable
> it.

I'm not too against that sort of thing either, but what about when it
can't connect at that time?  (e.g. If your network isn't working, at
that time.)  Will it never try again, will it continually try to make
that first contact (annoying if you have a machine that's never going to
be on a network).

I read messages from the public lists.