Re: How to wake up my laptop

Andrew Robinson wrote:

With Fedora Core 4, my laptop would not go to sleep when closed, and I never got around to worrying about it. Now that I have installed FC6, the laptop does go to sleep when closed. However, I haven't found the key combination that will wake it back up. Anyone know what that should be? Does it vary with the model of laptop?

Normally the deal is you hit the powerbutton briefly like you are powering up. If that isn't working, it typically means kernel or acpi bios problems.

On Gnome, Gnome Power Manager thingy is responsible for enabling and disabling the lid thing IIRC.

-Andy