How to wake up my laptop

With Fedora Core 4, my laptop would not go to sleep when closed, and I never got around to worrying about it. Now that I have installed FC6, the laptop does go to sleep when closed. However, I haven't found the key combination that will wake it back up. Anyone know what that should be? Does it vary with the model of laptop?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson