Re: Unknown symbol in module

On Monday 20 November 2006 13:42, you wrote:

> And, now there are apparently more packageing errors.  Installing bind did
> not create a default /var/named/chroot//etc/named.conf, and an attempt to
> start it seems to have locked up the services editor.  Ahh, the 'revert'
> button rescusitates the editor again so I can quit normally.
>
> And yes, the doubled // above is a direct paste from the services error
> window.
>
> Where do I take this next?

I think someone already pointed out that a clean install - without moving your
old files across - would be a d* sight faster than sorting out this mess.  It
has to be your old stuff that's causing it, or you would not be the only
person to see it.

Why not do a clean install, diff your old config files with the new ones, and
copy in only the lines necessary.  I'm sure that most of your problems would
disappear.

Anne