FC6 Can't Find Network Card During Install

I am performing a clean install of FC6 on a P3 850 SMP box. I am trying to install using HTTP.

After booting from the rescue disk, I go to select HTTP installation and I receive the following error message:
No Driver Found
Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type.
Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver disk?

My NIC is an Intel 82557/8/9 Ethernet Pro 100

I have selected all the Intel drivers from the list -- none work. I downloaded drivers from Intel for Linux, put them on a floppy, but got the error message "driver disk not compatible with FC6."

I even bought a new Belkin 10/100/1000 NIC and have the same problem.

I have successfully installed on an older P3-500 with the same NIC and have the same problem.

I could install from the DVD, but I am worried that if it can't find the NIC now, it would not be able to find it later.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, age, and price. Try it! http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline