Re: FC4 to FC6

> I tried a FC4 to FC6 upgrade and if froze on installing glibc.
>
> I have seen some references on the net to go FC4 -> FC5 -> FC6.
>
> What is the experiences of the mail list?
>
> FC4 -> FC5 -> FC6
>
> Or
>
> FC4 -> FC6.
>
> Thank god for Mondo.

I did an upgrade from F4 directly to F6.  I had a few minor problems but
nothing significant.  For example, Dovecot wouldn't start with the old
conf file.  I had to switch to the new one.  SquirrelMail wouldn't work
until I fixed a php problem.

I turned off virtually all services and started bringing them up one at a
time.  It was a lot easier than having strange things happenning and not
knowing where to start.

My biggest problem was trying to decide at the start if my system was
hung.  It took over an hour for the upgrade to actually start.