Re: kwallet vs kmail, will somebody please shoot one of them?

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 20:37 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Still correct :-)  If it doesn't work for root, who then is it going to
> work for?
----
without auditing all of the code, who would know if there weren't some
blocks in place when superuser has hold of some of the processes?
----
>   And when your train of thought isn't disturbed by having to
> sudo for everything you need to do, it really does seem like its the
> lessor of two evils to me.
----
you can su - to root in a shell
----
>   It occurs to me that I should copy the .kde
> directory to /home/gene, chown -R gene:gene ./kde and see if I can
> function as gene.  What else would I need to do?
----
You ***might*** want to be selective about what you actually copy
from /root/.kde - i.e., instead of copying the entire folder, why not
just /root/.kde/share/config/kdemailrc and /root/.kde/share/apps/kmail
and leave the rest behind?

Craig