Re: Gnome Default Actions and File Associations

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:40:40 +0100, Brian Chadwick <brianchad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

How does gnome know to open certain applications depending on a file type. There must be something somewhere where gnome reads about which applications are associated with which file types (extensions) .... I know its there some where .... but where?

click on a file -> properties -> open with
click on the application you would like to open the filetype by default or add some other apllication.
Next time Gnome will remember it for you not for the others.

I hope this will be helpfull to you.
Now I will go to sleep (00.20h : bedtime)
Good night Brian
--
Roland Brouwers