Re: Enabling telnet

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 06:26 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> clearly not what he wants/needs - follow the thread.

I have been, from the start.  But it's been far from clear what hte
original poster wanted.

> also, previous suggestion to check firewall is not reasonable since he
> is trying to connect to 127.0.0.1

That's a bit of assumption.  Granted that most people do not make
firewall rules about localhost, but some do.  Particularly if you'd made
very broad drop rules for everything that's not specifically allowed.

I read messages from the public lists.