Re: modprobe.conf is ignored

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 16:21 +0100, Joachim Selke wrote:
> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> > # Next we need to add a line to the file /etc/rc.local
> >
> > /sbin/ipw3945d --quiet
>
> This is a workaround I want to get rid of. Sorry, I forgot to mention
> that. It works, but I am wondering why the install line in the
> modprobe.conf is ignored when loading the module at boot time. Using the
> modprobe.conf seems to me to be a much better way to start the daemon.

Again, the "services" app usually found in the ...
I had to go look for it, running KDE on a fresh FC6 install (meaning I
have had time enough to screw it up) I found it under:
Administration -> Server Settings -> Services Server Management

It should be in some place similar under Gnome. That cranks up stuff at
boot time. I usually set the view mode to "all run levels" as you'll
want your module running both on level 3 and level 5. Check both boxes.
Hit the start button and if it's config'd properly, you'll see the
result in the little info box immediately. If it dies, it'll tell you
so, immediately. Nifty, huh? Enjoy and hope this helps ya. Ric