Re: poor performance during copy

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 17:01 -0700, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I'm running FC6, when I run a copy of a large data set the system becomes
> minimally responsice, the mouse only moves in spurts, etc..
>
> Any suggestions how to fix this? I'm running a 2.2Gz chip
... crank up a terminal window, just before you do the calculation, and
type "top" to see what does what to whom when you hit the shiny red
button to start your series. I have had apps eating up the CPU like it
was Sunday, and everything started grinding to a halt. KDE kicker has
done it to me, others have reported other "applications gone wild"
taking up 99 percent of the CPU. It's ugly.

You have cured the problem with the kernel vs kernel-devel arch
conflicts? That problem rears it's ugly head under a heavy load, too.
Ric