Re: Radeon driver on FC6 x86_64 working (against monumental, odds, :-) !

> > The monitor is indeed a bit out of the ordinary. I'm using a Westinghouse
> > LVM-42w2 HDTV monitor for my computer (driving it at 1920x1080) as well
> > as TV, dvd, etc.
> By any chance do you have a spare monitor lying about to try?  It would
> be interesting to see how the system performs with a "normal" monitor;

Yea, I'd love to know if the signal from the card is really turning off or if the
monitor just doesn't like it (though it sure acts as if the signal is turning off -
the monitor has a different out of range popup it normally displays when it
has a bad signal, and I get the "no signal" popup). Unfortunately I don't
have another monitor with equally high resolution to test with.

> Also, after looking over your system description, it looks like you need
> a noise maker (small child with loud toy, next door neighbor with loud
> stereo and/or barking dog, etc.).

Actually there is a dog somewhere in the neighborhood that, as near
as I can tell, has been barking continuously 24/7 for about 5 years, you
can here it anytime you happen to listen for it, but fortunately it isn't
very close to me :-).