Re: Radeon driver on FC6 x86_64 working (against monumental, odds, :-) !

Tom Horsley <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The monitor is indeed a bit out of the ordinary. I'm using a Westinghouse
LVM-42w2 HDTV monitor for my computer (driving it at 1920x1080) as well
as TV, dvd, etc.
By any chance do you have a spare monitor lying about to try? It would be interesting to see how the system performs with a "normal" monitor; especially a CRT capable of 1920x1440. It sounds like the radeon driver is picking a refresh rate that the monitor doesn't like (but you already knew that).

Also, after looking over your system description, it looks like you need a noise maker (small child with loud toy, next door neighbor with loud stereo and/or barking dog, etc.).

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce