Re: Mounting USB devices with stable names

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Hi Mikkel -

If you are creating a new file system, the -l option of mkdosfs will
let you label the drive. I have not found any easy way to change the

Just a small precision as the French say, according to the manpage mkdosfs needs the -n switch to set the volume name.

label under Linux. It looks like John Austin post on mlabels is the

On his /dev/fd0 problem, I wonder what happens if you

ln -sf /dev/sdxy /dev/fd0

assuming one isn't much interested in /dev/fd0?

-Andy