Re: Mounting USB devices with stable names

OK, Im missing something.
Ive been following this thread since I have the same problem,- I want to mount
thumb-drives in known locations.

Im not thrilled with labels, but if they will do the job, OK.

However, I know how to label a ext2/3 drive with e2label, but for compatability
reasons (so I/we can move files from Windows <-> Linux all of my pen-drives
are formated as vfat.

I see mlabel which claims to be able to label vfat drives.  Im not sure that
the
whole mount thing will recognize those labels, but Im one stop back from being
able to try it.  mlabel SEEMS to only want to work with file systems on
/dev/fd0
so I have no way to label these pen-drives.

So, how to get the label on the drive in the first place, and then can I
expect mount
to see it?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens