Re: FC6 - acpi: critical temperature

Andy Green wrote:
Marcel Groner wrote:

problem: the notebook is overheating all the time. when I'm compiling an application or doing other things with high CPU and disk I/O usage the power management is shutting down the system because the critical temperature is reached.

does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix that? I tried to disassemble/assemble /proc/acpi/dsdt using iasl from intel and there were no errors at all, so the BIOS adaption seems to be fine.

I have one of these notebooks, the fans react correctly and keep the thing working even under quite difficult loads (like a kernel compile set to use both cores)

dmidecode

says this:

BIOS Information
        Vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
        Version: 01SD
        Release Date: 02/28/2006

yea same on my system (dmidecode):

BIOS Information
        Vendor: Phoenix Technologies LTD
        Version: 01SD
        Release Date: 02/28/2006
        Address: 0xE8220
        Runtime Size: 97760 bytes
        ROM Size: 1024 kB

maybe my fan is broken. andy, can you hear your fan? does anyone know how I can swich the fan on/off manually?

-Marcel