Re: Problems with wireless

Phil Meyer wrote:
Andrew Robinson wrote:

I had wireless working well with ndiswrapper on FC4 on my laptop. I installed FC6 on other partitions, made an unsuccessful attempt to configure wireless with BCM43xx. When I rebooted into FC4, wireless had stopped working. I've tried unloading and reloading the module, deleting and reinstalling the driver. Nothing has seemed to work. One thing I find curious and I have illustrated below, I cannot change parameters with iwconfig. Can someone offer insight into what I might have done to screw up my wireless and what I can do to fix it? (The wireless network is working because my wife's PowerBook is working fine.)

Been there done that.

Most common problem is that somehow the radio is turned off now.
Laptops with wireless have a function key, usually a different color. While NOT in X windows (like during boot up) press FN/F2 or whatever function key has the radio icon on it to enable the radio. That key combo is a toggle.

Bingo! Found the key, toggled it, and wireless amazingly returned! Thanks!

Andrew