Re: Problems with wireless

Andrew Robinson <awrobinson-ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had wireless working well with ndiswrapper on FC4 on my laptop. I installed FC6 on other partitions, made an unsuccessful attempt to configure wireless with BCM43xx. When I rebooted into FC4, wireless had stopped working. I've tried unloading and reloading the module, deleting and reinstalling the driver. Nothing has seemed to work. One thing I find curious and I have illustrated below, I cannot change parameters with iwconfig. Can someone offer insight into what I might have done to screw up my wireless and what I can do to fix it? (The wireless network is working because my wife's PowerBook is working fine.)

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson
I had a similar problem with my HP Pavilion (zv6015). I used the hardware wireless button to disable the wireless NIC under Windoze when I first got the system since I didn't have anything to connect it to wirelessly. Once I got Linux installed and an AP, I was unable to bring the radio up until I booted the system to Windoze and hit the wireless switch. Not sure if you could have somehow had this happen when running FC6. This is completely a shot in the dark.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce