Re: windows media player

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 17:45 -0800, Les wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 10:36 +1100, Yuandan Zhang wrote:
> >
> >         >
> >         THANKS VERY MUCH, GUYS it works
> >         First I was testing the wrong environment, I normaly use Opera
> >         over
> >         Firefox, not because its better but nicer.
> >         But Firefox works and I cannot tell you how glad I am.
> >         Thanks again
> >

> > Hi, could you share your mplayer settings (eg output from rpm -qa |
> > grep -i mplayer)? I still have problem to view wmv on web. Once click
> > on  aweb viceo, it starts mplayer-plugin and looks like connecting,
> > then, stopped. Nothing else.
> >
> > here are settings.
> >

> > mplayerplug-in-3.31-1.lvn5
> > mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.lvn5
> > mplayer-gui-1.0-0.46.pre8.lvn5
> > mplayer-1.0-0.46.pre8.lvn5
> > mplayer-skins-1.5-1.lvn5
> Hi, guys,
>    I attempted to use these commands by writing them to a file and then
> executing the file.  Here are my results:
> [root@localhost lesh]# source ./mplayerYumscript
> Error getting repository data for livna, repository not found
> Error getting repository data for livna, repository not found
>
> Here is the precise contents of the file:
> yum --enablerepo=livna install mplayer
> yum --enablerepo=livna mplayer-plugin mplayer-skins
>
> I have used Unix before but this is my first attempt (in a long time) at
> Linux, so please be gentle.
----
see http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/UsingLivna

If I recall correctly, livna source wasn't automatically installed by
FC-5 so the above instructions apply. (make sure you install the one for
FC-5 if that is what you are using).

also, it's polite to configure a shell script...

#!/bin/sh  # let system know which shell it is intending to use
#          # various systems had a problem with code on the second line
yum --enablerepo=livna install mplayer mplayer-plugin mplayer-skins

chmod u+x mplayerYumscript # make it executable

./mplayerYumscript # would simply execute it

or you can leave it as is (without 'x' bit) and simply invoke it via a
shell argument...

sh mplayerYumscript

Not sure why you would want to script a one time command.

Craig