Re: /dev/ttySx problems... solved

On Sunday 12 November 2006 12:24, Tony Nelson wrote:
>At 2:54 PM +1030 11/12/06, Tim wrote:
>>On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 08:38 -0700, David G. Miller wrote:
>>> The only problem with info based documentation is info.
>>
>>Yes, I could go along with that.  Probably even worse than lynx.
>>
>>> Try pinfo instead.  Much nicer UI.
>>
>>Tried that before, about the only difference I could see was
>>colourisation of the output.  It was still a bastard to navigate
>>through.
>
>"Me too!".  I'd like to see some substantive description of the benefits
> of using pinfo, to find out if they outweigh the horrible illegibility
> of pinfo's display.  Probably all I'll get is more of "Pinfo's display
> is perfectly legible.  What's wrong with you?"
>
>The essential info commands are pressing spacebar or page down to go
> down, pressing page up to go up, pressing return when the insertion
> point is in a link to go elsewhere, pressing l (ell) to go back, and
> pressing q to quit. --

I don't know about the spacebar, but page-up-down do nothing here.  I have
managed to get around but its best described as huntin pecker or some
such, and doesn't bode well for following the chain of thought at all.

It seems to me there info/pinfo authors could have built a manpage
describing howto use info/pinfo.  But there is not such installed on this
new FC6 install.

Thanks for the hints, I've printed them for refresher reading.

--
Cheers, Gene