Re: Next problem, maybe hotplug?

On Sunday 12 November 2006 07:05, Tom Horsley wrote:

And snipped my original post about 1394 stuffs in general, please don't do
that as it destroys the context of the thread.

>Look at the boot messages as they go past - I'm pretty sure
>I remember noticing yesterday a message during boot that
>hotplug failed to start on my machine. Maybe it is just
>broken (this was FC6 i686 system).

The only mention of hotplug is this:
Nov 12 05:59:04 coyote pcscd:
hotplug_libusb.c:361:HPEstablishUSBNotifications() Hotplug stopped
and
Nov 12 06:03:04 coyote kernel: pci_hotplug: PCI Hot Plug PCI Core version:
0.5
at the last reboot.

And there doesn't seem to be a hotplug entry in /etc/init.d, so I'm a bit
fruzzled.

1.  hotplug wasn't something I used in FC2 so I'm not fam with its
foibles.

2. /etc/hotplug only has a usb subdir in it, and is otherwise empty except
for what appears to be a couple of kino related files in the usb subdir.
And my camera uses firewire, not usb.

3. I was able to get all that to work early this morning by repeatedly
modprobing those 3 modules until the errors went away (I expect I had
them listed in the wrong order on the command line), and then used htop
to send the udevd a SIGHUP.  Then kino could find the camera and run it.
but not before.

If anyone has any suggestions please speak up..

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene