Re: VDQ : Konqueror conquered -- by ....??

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:20:55 -0500
Beartooth <beartooth@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Upshot : rpm -q always tells me not installed. Yum install doesn't find
> it. I went to http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ -- which someone
> here had recommended. It advised me to do yum install qt kdelibs kdebase
> and then yum update. I did. It still won't launch, and rpm -q still tells
> me it's not installed.

bash-3.1$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/konqueror
kdebase-3.5.5-0.2.fc5

> So how *do* I get it back?? Mumbling "Turin Turambar Turun Ambartanen"
> into my beard is no help ....

I've no idea how kde-redhat package their stuff, but for the default it
is part of kdebase, and if kdebase is installed and it isn't around then

rpm --verify kdebase

and check the package thinks it is installed properly