Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

> The problem with this argument is that users do *not* have to build a
> driver if they use the Livna driver.  It's very easy, install an RPM
> to add the repo, run a command to install the driver.  The driver then
> upgrades itself with the kernel if the packages are available (which
> may take a couple days for Livna to build).

I second this. Never had a problem with them myself.

Also, if you don't want to get a new kernel until your nvidia kernel module is
available (or any kmod-XXX pacakges at that), just install the yum kmod
plugin. jhen yum will automatically hold off installing new kernels until all
the kmod-XXX packages you need are also available. Works like a treat, and as
you say normally it is only a few days after a new kernel is released.

Chris