Re: correct command for installing a .bin file?

Claude Jones wrote:

> I tried to find those instructions - I just looked again - I guess I should
> have used google, because it's not easy to find from the google earth page,
> or else my mental episode is bigger than I thought

Or, it is late in the day for you.

> Anyhow, thanks, that did it. I did follow them exactly as written, and it
> ended up installing itself in my download directory - I suppose that's
> because I didn't do it as root - but, the instrux said nothing about that. No
> matter - it's working much better than it ever did - FC6 and a new NVIDIA
> card with the latest driver - very impressive. Previous tries would yield
> maps with huge black areas in them, parts of maps would 'break off' and
> scatter themselves randomly about the screen, and when I'd try to zoom in to
> a location, it would generally just go gray. All those problems have
> vanished.

Ooopsss, you used the dirty word of the day.  :-)

> By the way, I once lived in Taipei - up on Yang min san (sp?) mountain...

Ahhh, Yangmingshan!  To be up there now.  I live in the heat, errr heart, of
the city.  It is warm, but low humidity, 33C here now.  Up on Yangmingshan
it is a cool 23C.

Regards,
Ed

--
Bachelor:
	A man who chases women and never Mrs. one.