Re: correct command for installing a .bin file?

On Fri November 10 2006 12:25 am, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > I'm having a mental episode - I want to try google earth again - could
> > someone remind me of the correct command to install it?
>
> How about following the instructions here:
>
> http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=44713&topic=1135

I tried to find those instructions - I just looked again - I guess I should
have used google, because it's not easy to find from the google earth page,
or else my mental episode is bigger than I thought

Anyhow, thanks, that did it. I did follow them exactly as written, and it
ended up installing itself in my download directory - I suppose that's
because I didn't do it as root - but, the instrux said nothing about that. No
matter - it's working much better than it ever did - FC6 and a new NVIDIA
card with the latest driver - very impressive. Previous tries would yield
maps with huge black areas in them, parts of maps would 'break off' and
scatter themselves randomly about the screen, and when I'd try to zoom in to
a location, it would generally just go gray. All those problems have
vanished.

By the way, I once lived in Taipei - up on Yang min san (sp?) mountain...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA