Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 20:12 +0000, ded wrote:
> * Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-11-09 20:02]:

> > What the heck does it matter what my Linux skills are ?
>
> Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks ! just sort of doesn't make people want
> to help.

My OP doesn't ask for help !  I figured it out on my own !

>  Everybody is as ass once in a while, I've been guilty of
> that as well...but if you are asking people for help it's not in your best
> interest to tell them their efforts suck.

Nobody is asking for help  !  And the only entity I am criticizing is
Nvidia.  I am NOT criticizing anyone here and I am certainly NOT
criticizing the Fedora effort.  If you search my posts, I have helped
others in the past and I have been quick to APPLAUD and SUPPORT the
Fedora effort !

> >  Did you need to demonstrate your Linux superiority with your *clever*
> >  command line humor ?
>
> Obviously you aren't familiar with some of the folks on this
> lists...quite a few have contributed a lot of effort to linux. They
> are clever folks indeed.

I never said they weren't !  I took exception to your need to belittle
me and to take the opportunity to demonstrate YOUR cleverness !

> > The issue here is that I think its time nvidia open sourced their video
> > drivers to avoid the nonsense that occurs every time one changes
> > kernels !
>
> Right, so shouldn't you be emailing nvidia and ranting at them then?

They don't have a customer support email address that I can see.  And I
was hoping this post would get some agreement and TOGETHER some people
could attempt to mitigate this problem.

> > I'm beginning to understand why outsiders refer to Linux people as
> > zealots !
>
> And I've understood for a long time why some people are best left to
> click and drool...

Another put down of my computer skills.  Nice.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.