Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Instead, when I reboot I get a command line instead of a graphical login
> screen and then I have to build a driver

That's strange. I use the nVidia driver from Livna, and if I update my
kernel before Livna releases an updated driver I get the ordinary nv driver
if I boot the new kernel. The nVidia driver is enabled during startup, and
disabled during shutdown, by the /etc/init.d/nvidia script. When the
proprietary driver is disabled, the nv driver is used instead.

Regards
Ingemar