Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On 11/9/06, Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 14:11 -0500, Kurt Wall wrote:

> > Can you imagine if we had to build drivers in this manner for EVERY
> > piece of hardware on our computers ?  Should we be applauding Nvidia
> for
> > their approach to Linux OS support ?  I think not !
>
> Newsflash: that's how it used to work, if you had anything beyond
> a few select SCSI host adapters.

I've been running Linux since 1.3.18, so I understand that.

I call bullshit.  Anyone who has been running linux for that long
couldn't possibly be as much of a newbie as you clearly are.  Without
hyperbole, I can state that my 4 year old has more Linux skills than
you've demonstrated in your trolling rant.

> > I'd love to know how an admin with 200 PCs with nvidia cards would
> > handle this.
>
> The admin wouldn't run testing code, would blindly update with
> "yum update" and, more generally, would not be as incompetent as you
> appear to be.  That is, an admin with 200 PCs to support would not
> have
> gotten in the position you did in the first place.

Granted he wouldn't run yum update.  But he would upgrade kernels from
time to time.  I guess he would build the nvidia module on one and
distribute it to each machine to be installed at the same time as the
kernel.  Big pain.

Not if you had any scripting skills, which you clearly do not.  The
only thing in this thread that is a big pain is you.  You strike me as
one of those people who is never happy unless they're complaining
about something, and what they're complaining about is nearly always a
problem of their own creation.

L. Friedman                                    netllama@xxxxxxxxx
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org