Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:36:02AM -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 13:24 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > I'd like to thank Nvidia for wasting another hour of my life this
> > > morning !  I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for Nvidia and their
> > > stupid, idiotic driver system that I could have saved enough time in
> > > the last 2 years to go on a week's vacation !
> >
> > Yeah, those bastards.  Giving you a driver for $0 and forcing you to
> > use it.  Round up a posse to tar and feather them.
>
> Can you imagine if we had to build drivers in this manner for EVERY
> piece of hardware on our computers ?  Should we be applauding Nvidia for
> their approach to Linux OS support ?  I think not !

Newsflash: that's how it used to work, if you had anything beyond
a few select SCSI host adapters. Get

> I'd love to know how an admin with 200 PCs with nvidia cards would
> handle this.

The admin wouldn't run testing code, would blindly update with
"yum update" and, more generally, would not be as incompetent as you
appear to be.  That is, an admin with 200 PCs to support would not have
gotten in the position you did in the first place.

Kurt
--
We come to bury DOS, not to praise it.
(Paul Vojta, vojta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, paraphrasing a quote of Shakespeare)