Re: Dovecot Migration from OS X to FC4

Actually Im sorry I did forget to mention that test... I was able to connect via SSL with no problem, and I was able to set up a new mailbox.  That is how I was able to find out where it was looking for mailboxes so I knew where to copy mine.  Once I created the new mailbox, I looked for its location, and I copied my existing mailboxes to that directory.  I used scp from the from the FC4 machine to pull the files from the OS X machine so I could make sure the permissions were properly set on the FC4 machine.

I did not try to copy a message into that new mailbox that I created so I will give that a shot.  If that does work, does that mean that I will have to create new mailboxes for each existing mailbox and then cat the contents of each existing mailbox into the newly created mailbox?

On 11/9/06, James Wilkinson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lovell McIlwain wrote:
> I am trying to move my IMAP server from a OS X machine using WU-IMAP to an
> FC4 machine using Dovecot 0.99.14
>
> I was able to move my mail properly and so on, but when I try to connect to
> the machine using IMAP/SSL the only mailboxes that show up are my inbox and
> my trash.  All of my other mailboxes don't show up at all.

Can you try connecting through IMAP/SSL, creating a new mailbox, copying
a test mail message into it, and then (through a normal login) seeing
where on the machine the message turns up? Something like
find /home -mtime -1
would be interesting, or even
find /home -mtime -1 -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep "something in your e-mail"
where "something in your e-mail" is something you *know* was in that test
mail message?

I suspect Dovecot isn't looking for mailboxes where you think it's
looking.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Practically any car advert, for example, shows you that
aprilcottage.co.uk | if you buy this car you will get so lost that you end up