Re: auto.smb mounting

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 21:29 -0700, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> That is what I think too however I don't understand how it interacts
> with autofs.  I put "-o credentials=/home/myhome/.credentials" in the
> '/Disk/' line in auto.smb to see if I could get it to work, it did
> not.  I am able to do the following:
>
> mount -t cifs //nas/share /mnt1 -o credentials=/homejmyhome/.credentials

While you do things like -o followed by options on the command line,
you'd have a different syntax for other uses.

In the fstab file it's:
networkaddress mountpoint filesystem option,option,option

I think you need to post exactly what you're trying, though put in a
bogus password, so we can see what you're doing.  My /etc/auto.smb file
is a script.

Look in:
  /usr/share/doc/samba-*/autofs/auto.smb
and you see this:

# automount points below /smb

# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage

# smb-servers
supra_andreas   -fstype=smb,username=andreas,password=foo       ://supra/aheinrich
supra_cspiel    -fstype=smb,username=cspiel                     ://supra/cspiel
phonon_andreas  -fstype=smb,username=andreas                    ://phonon/andreas
helium_cspiel   -fstype=smb,username=cspiel                     ://helium/cspiel

If you step through the references (that refers to the autofs manpage,
which refers to other things), you might find something that helps you.
Just quickly looking through things here (I don't use Samba, so this is
just an exercise to me), I see that smb.auto is commented out in
the /etc/auto.master file used by the autofs system.  You might need to
customise more than one thing.

I read messages from the public lists.