Re: Show-stopper for me

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 09:48 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> My main bitch about the $70 webcam wasn't sharpness, but the
> absolutely atrocious color rendition, as if there was zero
> contrast in the vectorscope axis that represented skin tones.

I think you'd want to find a CCD, not CMOS, camera, if you wanted to get
one with a better than average picture quality.  I've yet to see a good
CMOS-based camera, of any type (webcam, or otherwise).  Even now, lots
of CCD cameras look worse than the old tube cameras.

I work in video production.  I've had the chance to do all sort of
comparisons.  I've got some 1970s LDH1s that still look better than some
modern home video cameras.  Colourwise, at least...

I read messages from the public lists.