Re: problem importing GPG key

--- Gerhard Magnus <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By "the webpage instructions" I assume you mean
> http://freshrpms.net/packages/
> under "Getting started" where it says:
>
> Since Red Hat Linux 8.0, rpm handles package
> signature checking
> internally. This is why you should feed rpm the
> public keys used to sign
> the packages you want to install. This can be easily
> done by downloading
> the RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms file above then running :
>
> rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms
>
> But when I execute this I get:
>
> root@PuteA Wed Nov 08 07:55:57
> [76] ~ $ rpm --import RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms
> error: RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms: import read
> failed(-1).

I've only used this command once myself. But, I think
you need to run it from the folder that contains the
key file. Or, possibly, put the key file in the same
folder that the other keys are in.  I did both just to
be sure.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
http://www.LowerMyBills.com/lre