Re: mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 08:44:33 +1000,
 Res <res@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

caused by their residential users on to other people. It costs too much
to help people clean up and if they cut people off until they cleaned
things

I hope you are not referring to ISP's helping the trillions of windows
weenies to clean up their pc's.. That's not an ISP's responsability,
that's Microsofts, remember ISP support is exactly that, ISP-Support,
and *NOT* Microsoft support, M$ cause the probems, THEY should employ the
staff to help their products users sort our their products issues.

I think they should either help them clean up their systems OR cut them
off until they do it themselves. But most ISPs are going to do neither.

You'd be suprised at the number of people in thisc ountry who seem to think every ISP is required to do it, they soon get a shock when we tell them its not our responability, we do tho give them M$ support phone number ;)

I also wouldn't be too smug about these people using windows. The direction
that linux boxes are headed is such that they same sorts of people will
be able to shoot themselves in the foot if they switched from Windows.

The problem is that they expect to be able to download, install and run
code from any old place on a whim. The trojan code will not be running as
root, but will have enough access to cause problems.

Whats scary is a few people we've helped, are in fact runnig as root because " oh X wont start properly" or "but we can start pppoe unless we are root" ... some people definately should stick to windows :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd