Re: mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 18:21 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> It depends on what percentage of the mail from .biz is not spam. If
> messages for .biz make up 2% of his spam,  but 100% of the messages
> from .biz are spam, then it is justified. The question is if the
> default is justified for most people. I know it is for me.

I have a .biz domain, if you assert that all .biz mail is 100% spam, and
delete it regardless, I'd never be able to mail you privately, nor be
able to do anything about it.  Likewise for anybody else that I
communicate with.  I've got to:

      *  Convince them to accept the mail, somehow.  Which, not only,
        involves convincing them to do, but explaining how to.
      *  Do the above with every single person that I tried to e-mail.
      *  Change my e-mail address to suit other people's stupid
        practices.

It's about as dumb as those fools who block all Hotmail.

You can assess what you've received so far, and make a judgement on it,
but *ONLY* it.  You can't gauge what you're going to receive, in the
same manner.

Of course, I've given up on trying to educate people with stupid ideas
about TLD blocking, and changed my domain (with all the fuckups that
causes).  And how long before I have to go through that again, because
some other narrow-minded idiot decides to implement yet another
*stupidly* conceived anti-spam system (e.g. challenge/response systems,
as yet another example of a very stupid system).

I read messages from the public lists.