Re: Konqueror will not run from menu in FC6

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 02:45:26 -0500
"William M. Quarles" <quarlewm@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Friday 27 October 2006 21:13, Arch Willingham wrote:

Nope..no crashes. Also, I did a brand new install of FC6 and it
does it there too. I tried all of these but still it will not load

from the menu.

I'm having the same problem with a fully updated FC5, so I am
guessing that there is a bug in the latest RPMs.  Someone should do a
bug report...  Probably you since you first discovered this, Arch.

Peace,
William

Hello, William
Since I compile KDE from source, the "redhat-menus" RPM always hoses my
KMenu.  So I run "rpm -e --nodeps redhat-menus" and my KMenu always
goes back to the way that it is supposed to be.
Also, I sometimes have to re-install redhat-menus when I run "yum
update"  Sometimes one of the updates depends on redhat-menus.  Then,
after "yum update" has completed, I immediately remove "redhat-menus"
as described above.
By this point, you are wondering, what does this have to do with not
being able to start Konqueror from the Menu?  I have discovered that
with "redhat-menus" installed, not only can't I start Konqueror from
the Menu, but I cannot start Konqueror from the Icon on my Kicker.
(Actually, I have to go all the way to the Internet sub-menu to even
find Konqueror.  "redhat-menus" seems to do a real number on my
KMenu...)  But, as soon as I uninstall "redhat-menus", my KMenu is
repopulated, the "Home" icon reappears in KMenu, and I can now start
Konqueror from the Icon that I have on Kicker.

Check out these screenshots and see if they look like anything you've
seen:

With "redhat-menus" installed:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/kmenu-1038am.jpg

With "redhat-menus" removed:
http://www.afolkey2.net/Projects/kmenu-1039am.jpg

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick

I use Gnome so I couldn't necessarily tell you right now. Anyway, this still doesn't change the fact that this is a bug that should be fixed. If you seem to be saying that this existed in FC5 before the most recent update, why hasn't anybody noticed it up until now?

Have a Great Day, Too,
William