Re: [Fwd: Re: So Long, SuSE, We Hardly Knew Ye!]

> > I've been biting my tongue over this thread, until now.

Can I just say that I don't even understand this thread?
There seems to be an implication that you must use one
or the other. I run programs to do specific jobs, not
desktops to dazzle me with different flavor eye candy.
Some of the programs I run are considered to be KDE,
some are considered to be gnome, but I haven't found a
useful program yet that won't work unless I have a
particular desktop installed.

In fact, I can't stand either KDE or gnome. I run an
unadorned fvwm window manager that stays out of my
face while I'm doing useful things with programs,
some of which are written with the KDE Qt-based
toolkit and some of which were written with gnome's
Gtk2, and some of which are even in Motif or plain X11,
and I can't figure why desktop wars even exist :-).