Re: mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

Tim wrote:
> Incompetent admins, who cannot manage spam properly, and resort to carte
> blanche blocking, ARE another problem in themselves.
<snip>
> Yes, the very
> notion of black lists is flawed, the implementation of them even more
> so.

Out of interest, Tim, how much are those two sentences related? Are
you condemning per-country blacklists, per network blacklists, or all
blacklists?

What's your opinion on stuff like http://psbl.surriel.com/? (The idea
being that certain "spamtrap" email addresses are created and placed
where human beings won't see them, but automated programs which
collect e-mail addresses will. Then any IP address which sends an
e-mail to one of those addresses is by definition sending unsolicited
e-mail, almost certainly in bulk, and can be listed.)

(And again, how much would you condemn someone using these blacklists
as an indicator of spam, but requiring several independent spam-tests
to show positive before marking an e-mail as spam?)

> Likewise for any
> other seriously stupid ideas they implement about how to tell apart spam
> from non-spam.

What did you have in mind?

James.

--