Re: Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

On Friday 03 November 2006 11:17, Claude Jones wrote:
>On Fri November 3 2006 9:55 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> With that "use gnome" attitude having been so prevalent
>> historicly, can you blame a few of us for running out of
>> patience?  I think not.  Sometimes its the squeaky wheel that
>> gets greased you know.  So based on that theory, we do tend
>> squeak a bit from time to time.
>
>Well, I was hardly accusing you of being a testosterone-laden
>whatever... You fit more neatly into the curmudgeon slot, and
>one you wear well.
>
>Personally, I prefer Rex's approach to the whole matter. You see
>a problem, you take personal responsibility, and you fix it -
>and through patient acts of competently excuted accomplishment,
>and patient persuasion over time, you change things.

Yes, I can see that Rex has had a positive influence, much needed IMO.

>A few posts after yours, poo, I mean roo, hits the fan again -
>that approach yields nothing, gets nowhere, and excites the
>other adolescents running around with their nether-parts firmly
>transplanted on their noses, to ever greater, hysterical fits of
>poking at their preferred windmill - in the end, no matter how
>much you incite a windmill, you only end up with hot air

I saw that.  Chuckle. :-)  Thanks for the flowers Claude, and you do seem
to have a good grasp of how things "just are".  Particularly the hot air
reference, thats choice, & smells better to boot. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)