nvidia drivers from freshrpms.net
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: nvidia drivers from freshrpms.net
- From: Fernando Lozano <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:32:36 -0300
- Reply-to: For users of Fedora Core releases <[email protected]>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20061027)
I have a nVidia GEForce MX 440 card but never bothered with OpenGL
applications before. But I just installed FC6 and heard all rumors about
compiz, so I decided to give it a try.
I understand I need the nVidia proprietary drivers for compiz to work
with my card, so I installed the package from Freshrpms.net. But it
looks like the kernel refuses to load the drivers. At least I say a
message saying so during boot and could not start X. I had to
reconfigure X to use the Xorg open source driver (nv) instead of the
proprietary one (nvidia) but I could not find in any log that message.
I read the docs from nVidia web site but had no success. What could be
preventing the driver to load? Maybe SELinux?
s, Fernando Lozano
[Index of Archives]
[Current Fedora Users]