Re: FC6 AIGLX Issue: title bar missing from windows

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 05:39, Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:

> I upgraded a reasonably fresh install of FC5 (clean installation done a
> little more than a month ago) to FC6 on Thursday and have been trying to
> tinker around with the AIGLX/compiz features, but right away noticed a
> problem: the title bar and window borders were missing. (See

The title and sizing borders are handled by a "Window Manager", when you start
compiz it forces your window manager to be metacity AIUI.  If metacity
crashes or fails to start for some reason, you will be left without a window
manager, and see what you saw.  On KDE with this Intel laptop, I sometimes
found I need to try to start compiz a couple of times before all is well on
that front.  So I would try it again as your main user, I don't think it is
necessarily anything to do with permissions.

-Andy