Re: Installing FC6 from USB drive

> I believe that you need to start the install using expert mode. Then you
> should be prompted for install from hard drive. There should be a prompt
> for the device followed by a prompt for directory where you locate the
> iso file or files. Anaconda should do the mount and loop functionality
> steps.
>
> This worked for an IDE drive. I am not sure if it would work for getting
> the files from a USB drive though. It should, but am not positive.
>
> Without running expert, USB drive drivers are not loaded.
>
> Your experimentation required.
>
> Jim

As I think I now understand, I need to copy the iso file to the hard
drive (or usb drive)? Is that correct? When I had just copied the files
from the DVD install disk I burned, when I was prompted for a device I
would put /dev/hda1 and then for a directory I would put the directory
info but it always said something like that it could not find the
directory and it would append "/tmp/hddrive" to the directory info I
gave (I don't remember exactly except for /tmp).

Rick B.