Re: Installing FC6 from USB drive

On Sunday October 29 2006 16:49, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> I've heard that FC6 can be installed from a USB drive. The RedHat site
> that has info on USB install seems to be down. Can anyone explain how to
> install FC6 from a USB drive? Do I need to remove everything from my USB
> drive and just put the contents from the DVD iso disc onto the USB drive
> and change the bios settings to boot from the USB drive?
>
> Can I put the DVD iso file on my hard drive and install from there?
>
> Rick
You can install from a USB drive you need expert mode to see the USB devices
at boot.

Alternatively, you can put the DVD image in a filesystem that will not be
updated during the install/upgrade process.  You still need to boot from the
boot.iso or ore of the other images in the image directory on the DVD image.
Booting from the rescue CD should also work.  At the boot prompt respond "
linux askmethod"