Re: Fonts do not look so nice as before F6

On 10/27/06, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I have just upgraded from FC5 to FC6, but the fonts do not look so
>>> nice as before. I have the anti-aliasing on and I am using KDE.
>

> Ed Greshko:
>> Try the following....
>>
>> 1.  Disable anti-aliasing.
>> 2.  Logout and use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to restart X server.
>> 3.  Login and enable anti-aliasing.
>> 4.  Logout and use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to restart X server.
>> 5.  Login and see if your fonts are improved.
>
> Good grief!  If that sort of thing is necessary, and required, it makes
> you wonder if someone in Fedora has being taking hints from Microsoft.

FWIW, I did bugzilla it and it has been fixed but just didn't make it into
the release.  Also, I looked back at my report and it really was only
necessary to:

1. Login as KDE user.
2. Go to the KDE "Control Center" --> "Fonts" menu
3. Deselect Anti-Aliasing then hit "apply"
4. Select Anti-Aliasing then hit "apply"
5. Logout/Login

The above does really improve the way fonts display!

Paul